Looking for an adventure ?
Hiking changes you to a better person and has proven that it leads you to a healthier and happier life. John Muir was onto something when he said, “In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks.” Hiking is inexpensive and easy to start, all it takes is a minute to plan a hike and enjoy a day out! Hiking isn’t just about being on top of the mountain and over looking an ocean view, it also assists you mentally and physically.
Benefits of Hiking:
- Increased Happiness:Research studies show that hiking is actually used as an additional therapy to those with depression. It inspires those who suffer, to lead a more active life and become social with one another by experiencing breath-taking views and overcoming a challenge to reach to the top.
- Mindfulness: Getting away from the struggles of your daily lives and the use of technology, being out in the nature is the answer that allows a person to connect with oneself since nature is a way that conveys peace and a sense of well being.
- Improves overall health: Regular hiking helps you control or even prevents diabetes since it helps lower blood sugar levels in your body. It also gives you a muscle workout which is good for your bloodstream for energy.
- Social activity: Hikers always recommend using a partner or two while going out for a hike! For example, a regular weekend get away helps you increase bonds between one another while you are shaping up. Plus, it helps you interact with the larger hiking community which encourages you to engage more with the people in your life and life style.
Next time you hear someone tell you, “let’s take a hike,” say yes because it is never too late to get moving and experience hiking with your family and friends!
Recommended locations & destinations:
- Te Araroa (NEW ZEALAND) is considered the world’s recent long distance thru-hike! it stretches 3,000 KM from Cape Reigna, starting at the top of the North Island and ending on the South Island! The best time to plan your hike to Te Araroa would be between October to Early January for great weather, breath-taking views and an easy going route!
- Appalachian Trail (US) is considered to be one of the most beautiful hikes in the world! The trail is estimated to be around 3,500 KM long, although the length changes over time as parts and renewed or rerouted. This trail is the longest hiking-only trail in the world. The best time to plan your hike to Appalachian will be late May to mid-June!
- Kilimanjaro (AFRICA) is considered to be one of the seven summits, the highest peaks on each of seven continents! It is the tallest freestanding mountain in the world! it is located in Tanzania. It is suggest to plan your hike to Kilimanjaro between January-Marchand October since the skies tend to be clear and the mountain quieter.
- Kungsleden(SWEDEN) or as they call it, The king’s Trail offers a spectacular mountain view in a very remote area. It is accessible to a wide range of hikers due to its easy going route. The hike is estimated to be around 440 KM approximately. If you’re planning on visiting The King’s Trail, then the best time would be between June to September!
- Bay of Fires (AUSTRALIA) is a 50KM-long sweep of sugar-white sand and crystal-clear seas! This is considered to be one of the best travel destination in the world named by Lonely Planet. You can walk for miles along the sandy beaches and take a dip in clear ocean! You can feel like you’re the only person living in this world! The best time to visit Bay of Fires will be in the summer, dates between December to February warm weather and summer festivals!
- Petra (JORDAN), The Rose City is half-built, half-carved into the rock and is surrounded by mountains! The reason why it is also called The Rose City is due to the color of stones that are carved! Petra is one of the new seven wonders of the world! The best time to visit your trip to Petra is during March – May for a good breeze of air since it tends to get too hot in the summer. It will take you a walking distance of 20 KM from the entrance to the walls of Petra!